10 Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Massachusetts Notary Public?
An individual that meets the state's requirements, appointed
by the Commonwealth and obtains a commission to
administer oaths, to verify the authenticity of signatures and
a signers identity on many types of documents.
2. What are the ID requirements?
Unexpired original government issued photo ID,
e.g. driver's license issued by Mass DMV, original U.S.
passport or identification card (call for other acceptable forms).
3. What forms of payment are accepted from MMN?
All major credit cards; Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
Discover, cash and approved checks.
4. Are there special considerations for hospital signings?
Yes, a minimum fee may apply, ID requirements and waiting
times are reviewed in advance.
5. Do you offer Apostille services?
Yes, limited services. Please email requests.
6. Should documents be signed prior to appointment?
Please complete all forms except signatures and areas to be
notarized which must be signed in the presence of the notary.
7. Why do I need to sign a journal when notarizations are
Masschusetts requires all commissioned notaries to maintain
a state approved journal and a record of all notarial acts.
8. Will I be charged if notary arrives and signing does not
Yes, unless by mutual agreement.
9. What is a Mobile Notary?
Travels to a mutually agreed upon location, offers convenient
service hours including nights and weekends.
10. Can we schedule appointments via email?
Absolutely, email appointment requests and other questions.
Middlesex Mobile Notary
Tel: (781) 929-8129
Fax: (781) 893-5994